Wound Care RN PT
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
In this autonomous position, the Wound Care (WC)/Ostomy Nurse (RN) provides the Mother Standard of care to oncology patients across the adult and geriatric spectrum. Compassionate and competent nursing care is provided to patients and their family members within the realm of relationship-based care. The WC RN will be responsible for hands-on patient assessment, creation of evidence-based treatment plans, thorough documentation and education for all patients including in-patient, out-patient, pre-operative and post-operative patients as consulted by the physician. The WC RN will also develop and provide nursing education for ostomy, wound, and skin care for optimal patient care. WC RNs utilize effective communication to support a culture of caring and healing in which the patient and family are the central focus. Nursing care addresses physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professionals, support persons and all members of the healthcare team. The WC RN will act in compliance with WRMC and enterprise policies/procedures as well as the Arizona Nurse Practice Act.
- Provides consultation to all departments for complex wound and Ostomy patients according to Wound Care Nurse standards.
- Collects patient data and completes required forms with appropriate responses according to Wound Care Nurse standards.
- Identifies patient's problems/needs and sets priorities with the development of an individualized plan of care.
- Chooses the appropriate products for individualized patient needs, i.e., ostomy, peg, supplies.
- Assesses patients with rashes and radiation burns.
- Educates the patient and caregivers on the treatment plan. The education of the patient or caregiver and assessment of the patient’s or caregiver’s comprehension are documented in Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Provides basic wound care training and orientation to all new nursing staff; provides ongoing in-services and training related to wound care and ostomies.
- Develops a plan of care based on nursing process and which incorporates the plans of other disciplines and continuing care needs; includes the patient/family in developing or revising the plan of care; makes referrals to multidisciplinary support services.
- Makes recommendations to the physician and nursing staff for changes to wound care orders and provides evidence-based research support as needed.
- Care provided conforms to accepted practice standards; provides treatments/procedures and other care as prescribed and according to patient care standards; demonstrates understanding of age-related characteristics and needs of patients served; explains nursing procedures; provides discharge teaching; identifies emergency situations and independently initiates advanced therapy; acts as an advocate and coordinator of patient care with other health care personnel and evaluates patient care measures instituted; understands and demonstrates respect for patient rights and utilizes established mechanisms for management of ethical issues in patient care.
- Adheres to Wound Care Nurse standards of practice. The standards of practice establish a framework for monitoring care given and products used.
- Records patient care delivered as planned and any variation, with appropriate rationale; makes and records observations related to impending or associated problems; implements nursing measures related to impending or associated problems.
- Adheres to the hospital and department policies and employee health practices.
- Assists in the on-boarding of new stakeholders with a positive and inclusive attitude reflective of CTCA values
- Delegates tasks according to the Arizona Nurse Practice Act and job descriptions.
- Documents nursing care, implants and specimens accurately, completely and legibly.
- Collaborates with other disciplines as applicable.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursues professional growth and keep current with technology.
Experience: 2 years experience in area
Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Licensure: Registered Nurse, Arizona
Certification: Nationally recognized wound certification (i.e. Wound Care Certification (WCC) or Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (WOCN))
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.