Surgical OR-RN Days 8a-8:30p
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
*$10,000 Sign On Bonus*
Hours 8:00a-8:30p M-F
Provides the Mother Standard of care to oncology patients across the adult and geriatric spectrum. An Individualized plan of care is developed and implemented, utilizing the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for inspiring and guiding other qualified patient care team members to ensure enhanced outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. Nursing care addresses physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professionals, support persons and all members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents the care of medical/surgical, ambulatory care and same-day surgery patients. Assists with special procedures. Directs the care delivered by Patient Care Technicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Adheres to the hospital and department infection control policies including but not limited to hand hygiene, asepsis, isolation practice, and employee health practice.
- Effectively communicates with peers to resolve conflict.
- Assists in the on-boarding of new stakeholders.
- Protects the patient’s dignity, rights and privacy.
- Assesses the knowledge level of the patient or designated support person.
- Delegate tasks according to the Arizona Nurse Practice Act and job descriptions.
- Document nursing care, implants and specimens accurately, completely and legibly.
- Collaborate with other disciplines as applicable.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth and keep current with technology.
- Completes additional duties as assigned.
Operating Room RN
- Anesthesia, General: Providing Patient Care in Perioperative Services
- Ability to care for patients with Arterial Catheters:
- Competent in caring for patients with chest tubes
- Able to use sterile technique
- Clear understanding of specialty equipment for patient safety and care
- Provides appropriate care of Electrosurgery in Perioperative patients
- Ability to clean and disinfect rooms and equipment
- Admits, discharges, and transfers perioperative patients appropriately
- Promotes fire safety in the healthcare setting
- Perioperative Waste Management: Maintaining Environmental Safety
- Maintain Sterile field
- Ability to access and deaccess Ports, draw blood and care for central venous devices
- Utilized appropriate equipment to obtain lab results
- Prevents Latex Allergies
- Adheres to AORN Standards for Providing Patient Care in Perioperative Services
- Promotes prevention of surgical skin infections
- Appropriately applies oxygen therapy to patients
- Ability to position patients appropriately during
- Performs Preoperative Assessment
- Understanding of preventing Pressure Injuries
- Maintains Radiation Safety
- Provides a Nursing Report Patient Hand-off
- Appropriately performs Surgical Safety Checklist
- Performs Hand Hygiene Surgical Scrub
- Transfers patients using appropriate techniques and devices
- Performs Surgical Time Out
- Ability to understand how to prevent Postoperative Complications
- Ability to use appropriate interventions to prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis in Patients with Cancer
- Performs blood transfusions
Experience: 1 year experience in OR/Surgery REQUIRED
Education: Associate Degree in Nursing or equivalent
Licensure: Arizona Registered Nurse License or a Registered Nurse License form a Compact State
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification- an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training site, American Safety & Health Institute, or Red Cross BLS certification is required upon hire.
- If their current certification does not meet the guidelines, stakeholders will have (30) days from the date of hire to acquire attend an onsite initial BLS course and will be required to renew every two years.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Stakeholders will have thirty (30) days from the date of hire to acquire American Heart Association (AHA) ACLS certification and will need to be renewed every two years. Will not be allowed to provide ACLS for patients independently until AHA ACLS cards are obtained
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.