Oncology Nurse Navigator RN, Clinic
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
*Position is onsite in Goodyear, AZ*
Provides the Mother Standard of care to oncology patients across the adult and geriatric spectrum. An Individualized plan of care is developed and implemented, utilizing the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Responsible for inspiring and guiding other qualified patient care team members to ensure enhanced outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. Nursing care addresses physical, spiritual, emotional, and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professionals, support persons and all members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and documents the care of medical/surgical, ambulatory care and same-day surgery patients. Assists with special procedures. Directs the care delivered by Patient Care Technicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Adheres to the hospital and department infection control policies including but not limited to hand hygiene, asepsis, isolation practice, and employee health practice.
- Effectively and efficiently triages patient medical issues either in person or by telephone. Intervenes appropriately with use of orders and/or consultation with the interdisciplinary health care team. Provides professional nursing services to address patient’s health and other related issues in cooperation with other clinical and clerical team members.
- Works as a part of the team as a resource to facilitate communication and services between physicians, patients, families, and other healthcare team members including external health agencies to facilitate the plan of care. Provides patient education, utilizing appropriate resources to meet the needs of the patient and documents education in EHR.
- Assists in the on-boarding of new stakeholders.
- Protects the patient’s dignity, rights, and privacy.
- Assesses the knowledge level of the patient or designated support person.
- Delegate tasks according to the Arizona Nurse Practice Act and job descriptions.
- Document nursing care, implants, and specimens accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Works as a part of the healthcare team to provide excellent patient care to increase patient satisfaction and retention. Works to achieve positive outcomes, and resolution of variances. Covers for other members of the team to ensure efficient delivery of service to the patient.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth and keep current with technology.
- Completes additional duties as assigned.
Experience: 1-year experience in area
Education: Associate Degree in Nursing or equivalent
Licensure: Arizona Registered Nurse License or a Registered Nurse License form a Compact State
Certification: ?Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification- an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training site, American Safety & Health Institute, or Red Cross BLS certification is required upon hire
- If their current certification does not meet the guidelines, stakeholders will have (30) days from the date of hire to acquire attend an onsite initial BLS course and will be required to renew every two years.
Pay Range$30.97 - $51.02
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.