Medical Assistant - $2,500.00 Sign-on bonus
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
***This role comes with a $2500.00 sign-on bonus
This position is responsible for assisting clinicians and nursing staff in providing medical care, as well as, implementing and assisting with direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills to provide an excellent patient experience.
- Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaints; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the clinician.
- Assists providers with exams and minor in-office procedures which could include taking patients’ blood pressure, documenting respiration and heart rate/pulse, taking temperature, as well as performing phlebotomies, ear irrigation and EKGs. Acts as chaperon as needed. Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
- Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, disability paperwork, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating appropriate test results to patient. Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care. May administer medications upon the specific authorization and supervision of a licensed physician in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed.
- Provides clerical support with patient/client notifications and documentation to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion.
- Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures. Follows manufacturer's recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
- Orders supplies and stocks patient care areas. Monitors inventory including medication/injectables and immunizations (e.g. expired medications/equipment and recalls).
- Documents and maintains preventative maintenance and quality records.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician and verifies presence of consent prior to treatment or procedures.
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
- Assists with delegated patient education including but not limited to distributing education literature, etc.
- Processes instruments and equipment as needed.
One year within the last three years in a comparable job classification.
High school diploma or equivalent -AND- one of the following:
Completion of an approved Medical Assistant (MA) Training Program (in accordance with Arizona State R4-16-101 accrediting regulations);
Completion of an unapproved medical assistant training program and passage of the medical assistant examination administered by a certifying organization accredited by either the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or the American Medical Technologists National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
Completion of a United States Armed Forces medical services training program.
If a graduate of an unapproved program, Medical Assistant Certification from either the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or the American Medical Technologists National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
Graduate under an approved training program identified in R4-16-101 when certificate was awarded.
American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS)
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.