Infusion RN- PRN
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Provides the Mother Standard of care to oncology patients across the adult and geriatric spectrum. An Individualized plan of care is developed and implemented; utilizing the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for inspiring and guiding other qualified patient care team members to ensure enhanced outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. Nursing care addresses physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professionals, support persons and all members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents the care of ambulatory patients. Directs the care delivered by Medical Assistants and other members of the healthcare team.
- Adheres to the infection control policies including but not limited to hand hygiene, asepsis, isolation practice, environmental service and employee health practice.
- Assists Medicine Technician in the preparation and dispensing of IV admixtures, with an emphasis on cancer chemotherapy agents.
- Effectively communicates with peers to resolve conflict.
- Pursue professional growth and keep current with technology.
- Assists in the on-boarding of new stakeholders with a positive and inclusive attitude reflective of CTCA values.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Delegate tasks according to the Arizona Nurse Practice Act and job descriptions.
- Collaborate with other disciplines as applicable.
- Document nursing care, implants and specimens accurately, completely and legibly.
- Assesses the knowledge level of the patient or designated support person.
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) is required, Bachelor of Science Degree (BSN) in Nursing is preferred.
- Current Arizona Registered Nursing License is required.
- One(1) year of experience in an Outpatient/ Infusion nursing environment is required, Two (2) + years is preferred.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) is required.
- Proof of Basic Chemotherapy Administration Course and / or training upon hire is required.
- ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Card within 90 days of hire.
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) is preferred.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.