Imaging RN FT - Sign-On Bonus
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
** $15,000 Sign On Bonus**
Directs the care of outpatients and inpatients through the nursing process and through collaboration with the patient, their family/caregivers and other health care professionals. Provides leadership to non-licensed staff by setting an example of excellence. Supervises care delivery of clinical support staff (patient care technicians).
- Assesses the needs of the patient through a holistic approach on an ongoing basis for all Medical Imaging Department modalities. Provides information to physicians and other health care professionals of any changes in patient condition. Adjusts treatment based on multidisciplinary plan of care. Establishes IV and port access. Maintains collaborative relationships with other hospital clinical departments.
- Plans, delivers, directs, coordinates and evaluates therapeutic interventions based on needs identified in the assessment process. Documents interventions provided. Supports the Interventional Radiology, Ultrasound and Mammography teams during procedures; provides conscious sedation and patient follow-up as directed by the Radiologist; performs post-procedure anesthesia and sedation recovery as needed.
- Provides patient/family education (in regards to disease process, side effects of treatment, health promotion and post-procedure care) as well as support and reassurance, ensuring an informed decision is being made regarding the individual’s therapeutic plan and documents according to department standard. Assists department scheduler to maintain efficient flow through all modalities.
- Ensures compliance with hospital policies and accrediting agencies. Participates in the development, review and updating of policies and procedures. Actively participates in the Performance Improvement plan of the department.
- Obtains allergy information and takes care of the medication reconciliation with patient or family member, then communicates this to other providers. Verifies and notes physician orders. Provides safe delivery of prescribed medications and treatments, and evaluates the outcomes in a timely manner.
- Participates in special projects as assigned by the department Director. Responsible for covering on-call duty on a rotational basis.
- Current State Registered Nurse License required
- Current BLS
- Current ACLS preferred
- 1-3 years RN experience in a bedside care setting
- Oncology and/or Medical Imaging experience preferred
- Recent ICU and/or OR experience preferred
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.